Arriva London bus garage scoops top bus industry award
Arriva London, one of the capital's largest bus operators, has scooped a top bus industry award.
The operator's Brixton Garage in South London won "London Bus Garage of the Year" in the UK Bus Awards. The award was made following an independent nomination by Transport for London (TfL) and recognises Arriva's outstanding work at Brixton to create a depot that is focused on operational performance whilst providing a positive working environment for employees.
Brixton stood out from all other London bus depots because of its:
- impressive Driver Quality Monitoring results and overall operational performance
- considerable efforts to maintain staff morale through family-friendly, socially inclusive, flexible and part-time working arrangements
- strong employee communications through ‘open forums’, seminars and innovative plasma information screens
- high-quality training programmes to equip employees with the skills to succeed in their role and advance their careers
- encouragement of an active sports and social club with activities for employees and their families which build team spirit, and
- work with Lambeth NHS Primary Care Trust to promote healthy lifestyles to employees and the local community.
Mark Yexley, Arriva London's managing director, said: "This award is fantastic recognition of our employees' efforts every day to deliver high-quality services for our customers. Our Driver Quality Monitoring and operational results at Brixton, which is a 24-hour operation serving some of the busiest routes in inner South London, show we are consistently providing reliable services.The award also recognises some of the innovative ways we are making working life with Arriva better for our employees. Through strong staff communication and training, we have increased morale, given our people the skills they need to do their jobs more effectively, and made the depot a much more positive and sociable place to work.
Arriva London's Brixton Garage employs 325 people and delivers routes 59, 137, 159, 319, N19 and N250.
Published : Mon 10th Jul. 2017 - Fri 21st Jul. 2017
Based out of our Finsbury Park office, with travel required on occasions to other London sites, The Finance Business Partner reports to the Head of Business Solutions and provides close strategic and analytical support to the London business.
We have a vacancy for a Full Time Engineering Administration Assistant (38 hours per week) currently based at our Barking garage.
Helen Webster, a driver at Enfield garage, scooped the award for Inspirational role model to colleagues in the bus industry.
Every year, Arriva London’s staff show their incredible generosity by supporting over 160 charities each and every pay day through the company’s Payroll Giving scheme.
The Assistant Engineering Manager’s role is to assist the Engineering Manager with the running of an efficient and effective engineering operation that meets minimum performance standards set by TfL, Arriva London & DVSA.
Arriva London currently has three vacancies for a Training Specialist, reporting to the Engineering Training Manager. The position will primarily be based at the Arriva London training academy at Edmonton garage, but will involve working at various locations around London and the Home Counties.