Arriva London Bus Driver
We have vacancies for trainee bus drivers and PCV licence holders at our North London garages.
Bus drivers are the key to our company's success and we spend a lot of time selecting the right people to work for us.
Average rostered earnings for bus drivers range from £25k p.a. (non PCV holders) to £31k p.a. (PCV holders) EXCLUDING overtime.
We are looking for applicants with:
- a full UK or EC manual driving licence
- two years driving experience
- no more than 3 points on your licence
- no criminal convictions
You should be:
- a confident person with good customer service skills who enjoys working and dealing with people
- an excellent driver - you must drive regularly in varied environments and at different times of the day
- enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
- be prepared to work shifts
Our garages are (click here for full details):
Ash Grove, Barking, Clapton, Edmonton, Enfield,
|Brixton, Croydon, Norwood and Thornton Heath|
You must indicate whether you are applying for North or
South London (in the 'preferred location') box when you complete the form. WE HAVE TEMPORARILY STOPPED RECRUITING FOR SOUTH LONDON.
Due to health & safety requirements, there is a weight limit of 20 stone.
How to apply:
- Online - click here to complete and submit an application online.
- By post - click here to open / download an application form, print it, complete it by hand and post it to the address shown at the bottom of this article.
- Email - click here to send us your name and full postal address and we will post you an application.
- Complete the 'contact us' form below including your full postal address. (For a quicker response, please click the email link above rather than use the form below)
If you are applying online, the form should be completed within your web browser using the free Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader software. You can then submit the form using the button at the end of the document which will send your application directly to us. You cannot save the form so make sure you have enough time to complete it.
Please note that any queries regarding the installation and use of the Adobe Reader software should be directed to Adobe's web site. Unfortunately, Arriva London cannot provide any support in this area.
If you have any technical difficulties, you can print a blank version of the form, complete it by hand and post it to: Personnel Department, Thornton Heath Garage, 719 London Road, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 6AU.
If you have any queries please call us on 020 8271 0133 or 020 8276 5822 (9.00am - 4.00pm).
Electronic data relating to applications for employment is stored for a maximum of 18 months. If you wish your individual data to stop being stored prior to that please write to the Personnel Department making that request.
Published : Thu 2nd Nov. 2017 - Thu 16th Nov. 2017
This year’s Lord Mayor’s Show, on 11th November, was an amazing cause for celebration, not only to welcome in the new Lord Mayor, but also to celebrate another year of Platinum giving by our wonderfully generous Payroll Givers.
This is a full time position in the Recruitment & Training departments of north and south London. Whilst predominantly based at Watson’s Road, Wood Green, the successful candidate will, on occasions, be required to visit and support the south London team based at Thornton Heath garage.
Route 175 operates with 16 double-deck vehicles from our Barking garage, with a twelve-minute frequency during the day. Route 103 operates from our Grays garage with 14 buses, with an eight-minute daytime frequency.
Preparations are complete for our display entry in this year’s Lord Mayor’s Show on Saturday. The Arriva London theme again this year is to celebrate the enormous contribution our staff make to charities through the Payroll Giving scheme. With over 1,000 staff supporting over 160 charities every week, and over £1,000,000 having been given in the last five years.
The buses, which were recently on display on the South Bank opposite the Houses of Parliament, will be seen throughout London and the City until November 12th, as a mark of respect for the sacrifices made by London’s service men and women, past and present.