Arriva London bus garage scoops top bus industry award
Arriva London, one of the capital's largest bus operators, has scooped a top bus industry award.
The operator's Brixton Garage in South London won "London Bus Garage of the Year" in the UK Bus Awards. The award was made following an independent nomination by Transport for London (TfL) and recognises Arriva's outstanding work at Brixton to create a depot that is focused on operational performance whilst providing a positive working environment for employees.
Brixton stood out from all other London bus depots because of its:
- impressive Driver Quality Monitoring results and overall operational performance
- considerable efforts to maintain staff morale through family-friendly, socially inclusive, flexible and part-time working arrangements
- strong employee communications through ‘open forums’, seminars and innovative plasma information screens
- high-quality training programmes to equip employees with the skills to succeed in their role and advance their careers
- encouragement of an active sports and social club with activities for employees and their families which build team spirit, and
- work with Lambeth NHS Primary Care Trust to promote healthy lifestyles to employees and the local community.
Mark Yexley, Arriva London's managing director, said: "This award is fantastic recognition of our employees' efforts every day to deliver high-quality services for our customers. Our Driver Quality Monitoring and operational results at Brixton, which is a 24-hour operation serving some of the busiest routes in inner South London, show we are consistently providing reliable services.The award also recognises some of the innovative ways we are making working life with Arriva better for our employees. Through strong staff communication and training, we have increased morale, given our people the skills they need to do their jobs more effectively, and made the depot a much more positive and sociable place to work.
Arriva London's Brixton Garage employs 325 people and delivers routes 59, 137, 159, 319, N19 and N250.
Published : Tue 10th Jan. 2017 - Thu 9th Feb. 2017
At Arriva London, we take our role in the community very seriously, and are always seeking ways to help educate the community in how we can best serve them, and how complex operating buses can be.
Manage the Warehousing function for Arriva London and assist in the management of the MRP function with the Arriva Supply Coordinator.
Arriva London is proud and delighted to have been awarded the TfL contract to operate route 333 running between Tooting Broadway and Elephant and Castle operating from Brixton bus garage in Streatham Hill.
Applications are now sought for the role of Operating Manager in Arriva London.
Over the past five years, our staff, through the Payroll Giving scheme, have given over a million pounds to their chosen charities.
We currently have a vacancy for a garage supervisor to join the Arriva London South operating staff in our Thornton Heath garage.