Arriva London bus garage scoops top bus industry award
Arriva London, one of the capital's largest bus operators, has scooped a top bus industry award.
The operator's Brixton Garage in South London won "London Bus Garage of the Year" in the UK Bus Awards. The award was made following an independent nomination by Transport for London (TfL) and recognises Arriva's outstanding work at Brixton to create a depot that is focused on operational performance whilst providing a positive working environment for employees.
Brixton stood out from all other London bus depots because of its:
- impressive Driver Quality Monitoring results and overall operational performance
- considerable efforts to maintain staff morale through family-friendly, socially inclusive, flexible and part-time working arrangements
- strong employee communications through ‘open forums’, seminars and innovative plasma information screens
- high-quality training programmes to equip employees with the skills to succeed in their role and advance their careers
- encouragement of an active sports and social club with activities for employees and their families which build team spirit, and
- work with Lambeth NHS Primary Care Trust to promote healthy lifestyles to employees and the local community.
Mark Yexley, Arriva London's managing director, said: "This award is fantastic recognition of our employees' efforts every day to deliver high-quality services for our customers. Our Driver Quality Monitoring and operational results at Brixton, which is a 24-hour operation serving some of the busiest routes in inner South London, show we are consistently providing reliable services.The award also recognises some of the innovative ways we are making working life with Arriva better for our employees. Through strong staff communication and training, we have increased morale, given our people the skills they need to do their jobs more effectively, and made the depot a much more positive and sociable place to work.
Arriva London's Brixton Garage employs 325 people and delivers routes 59, 137, 159, 319, N19 and N250.
Published : Wed 14th Feb. 2018 - Fri 16th Mar. 2018
We have the ambition to become the mobility partner of choice, preferred by our passengers, partners and clients. Having a diverse, talented and motivated workforce is key to achieving that ambition.
We are always looking at ways to improve our green credentials and a recent initiative, part of our Destination Green programme across the business, at our North London Palmers Green garage is another illustration of this process.
Last summer, we were delighted to be awarded the contract from TfL to operate route W4 running from Oakthorpe Park Estate to Tottenham Ferry Lane estate, operating from Wood Green garage.
We are currently looking to recruit an AGS to cover Garage Supervisor (GS) duties primarily at Thornton Heath, but also at other Arriva London garages where required.
We have a vacancy for a Duty Manager, Dartford.