Arriva London bus garage scoops top bus industry award
Arriva London, one of the capital's largest bus operators, has scooped a top bus industry award.
The operator's Brixton Garage in South London won "London Bus Garage of the Year" in the UK Bus Awards. The award was made following an independent nomination by Transport for London (TfL) and recognises Arriva's outstanding work at Brixton to create a depot that is focused on operational performance whilst providing a positive working environment for employees.
Brixton stood out from all other London bus depots because of its:
- impressive Driver Quality Monitoring results and overall operational performance
- considerable efforts to maintain staff morale through family-friendly, socially inclusive, flexible and part-time working arrangements
- strong employee communications through ‘open forums’, seminars and innovative plasma information screens
- high-quality training programmes to equip employees with the skills to succeed in their role and advance their careers
- encouragement of an active sports and social club with activities for employees and their families which build team spirit, and
- work with Lambeth NHS Primary Care Trust to promote healthy lifestyles to employees and the local community.
Mark Yexley, Arriva London's managing director, said: "This award is fantastic recognition of our employees' efforts every day to deliver high-quality services for our customers. Our Driver Quality Monitoring and operational results at Brixton, which is a 24-hour operation serving some of the busiest routes in inner South London, show we are consistently providing reliable services.The award also recognises some of the innovative ways we are making working life with Arriva better for our employees. Through strong staff communication and training, we have increased morale, given our people the skills they need to do their jobs more effectively, and made the depot a much more positive and sociable place to work.
Arriva London's Brixton Garage employs 325 people and delivers routes 59, 137, 159, 319, N19 and N250.
Published : Thu 17th Aug. 2017 - Fri 1st Sep. 2017
Arriva London is looking to appoint someone into a new position of Centre of Excellence Manager. In this role, you will first set-up and then be responsible for the day-to-day running of a Centre of Operational Excellence (COE).
On Saturday 26th August, Arriva London was pleased to support the eighth annual bus service to the normally deserted Wiltshire village of Imber, situated in the middle of Salisbury Plain military training area.
As part of our continuous ongoing staff training and development programme, this week, together with colleagues from TfL, we conducted a Hello London Accessibility Forum at our Brixton garage, and invited our drivers to participate in the discussion.
We currently have vacancies for qualified and experienced PSV engineers in East London.
We currently have vacancies for qualified and experienced PSV engineers in South London.
If you’re planning a wedding, a special birthday celebration or a fantastic day out with a group of friends, why not treat yourselves this summer and let us help you with your transport and celebrations solutions, using our Heritage Fleet Routemaster buses available for private hire.