Arriva London bus garage scoops top bus industry award
Arriva London, one of the capital's largest bus operators, has scooped a top bus industry award.
The operator's Brixton Garage in South London won "London Bus Garage of the Year" in the UK Bus Awards. The award was made following an independent nomination by Transport for London (TfL) and recognises Arriva's outstanding work at Brixton to create a depot that is focused on operational performance whilst providing a positive working environment for employees.
Brixton stood out from all other London bus depots because of its:
- impressive Driver Quality Monitoring results and overall operational performance
- considerable efforts to maintain staff morale through family-friendly, socially inclusive, flexible and part-time working arrangements
- strong employee communications through ‘open forums’, seminars and innovative plasma information screens
- high-quality training programmes to equip employees with the skills to succeed in their role and advance their careers
- encouragement of an active sports and social club with activities for employees and their families which build team spirit, and
- work with Lambeth NHS Primary Care Trust to promote healthy lifestyles to employees and the local community.
Mark Yexley, Arriva London's managing director, said: "This award is fantastic recognition of our employees' efforts every day to deliver high-quality services for our customers. Our Driver Quality Monitoring and operational results at Brixton, which is a 24-hour operation serving some of the busiest routes in inner South London, show we are consistently providing reliable services.The award also recognises some of the innovative ways we are making working life with Arriva better for our employees. Through strong staff communication and training, we have increased morale, given our people the skills they need to do their jobs more effectively, and made the depot a much more positive and sociable place to work.
Arriva London's Brixton Garage employs 325 people and delivers routes 59, 137, 159, 319, N19 and N250.
Published : Mon 19th Jun. 2017 - Thu 29th Jun. 2017
London wide General Manager reporting to the Commercial Director and working closely with other General Managers and functional roles.
We currently have two garage supervisor vacancies to join the Arriva London North operating staff in our Tottenham and Stamford Hill garages.
Reporting to the Deputy Operations Director, the Incident Investigator will be responsible for the investigation of critical and major incidents, staff injuries and support their resolution and future avoidance by identifying, making recommendations and documenting key facts.
We are extremely proud to announce that, for the second year running, through the continued generosity of our staff, we have been awarded the prestigious Charity Aids Foundation Payroll Giving Platinum Award.
Arriva London currently has a vacancy for an experienced coachmaker, with proof of experience & competence in all parts of heavy commercial vehicle repair.
An opportunity has arisen for a part-time internal Mail Delivery Driver. We are looking for a hardworking, reliable individual, who can follow a pre-prescribed route around our 18 London sites to deliver mail bags reliably and punctually.