Arriva London bus garage scoops top bus industry award
Arriva London, one of the capital's largest bus operators, has scooped a top bus industry award.
The operator's Brixton Garage in South London won "London Bus Garage of the Year" in the UK Bus Awards. The award was made following an independent nomination by Transport for London (TfL) and recognises Arriva's outstanding work at Brixton to create a depot that is focused on operational performance whilst providing a positive working environment for employees.
Brixton stood out from all other London bus depots because of its:
- impressive Driver Quality Monitoring results and overall operational performance
- considerable efforts to maintain staff morale through family-friendly, socially inclusive, flexible and part-time working arrangements
- strong employee communications through ‘open forums’, seminars and innovative plasma information screens
- high-quality training programmes to equip employees with the skills to succeed in their role and advance their careers
- encouragement of an active sports and social club with activities for employees and their families which build team spirit, and
- work with Lambeth NHS Primary Care Trust to promote healthy lifestyles to employees and the local community.
Mark Yexley, Arriva London's managing director, said: "This award is fantastic recognition of our employees' efforts every day to deliver high-quality services for our customers. Our Driver Quality Monitoring and operational results at Brixton, which is a 24-hour operation serving some of the busiest routes in inner South London, show we are consistently providing reliable services.The award also recognises some of the innovative ways we are making working life with Arriva better for our employees. Through strong staff communication and training, we have increased morale, given our people the skills they need to do their jobs more effectively, and made the depot a much more positive and sociable place to work.
Arriva London's Brixton Garage employs 325 people and delivers routes 59, 137, 159, 319, N19 and N250.
Published : Thu 9th Mar. 2017 - Thu 30th Mar. 2017
The introduction of all new Hybrid vehicles on route 249, which Arriva London starts operating this Saturday, underlines one of our key brand values - ‘Great customer experience - We keep our customers happy every day’.
The new contract, which starts this Saturday 25th March, will have over 60 drivers and 25 new environmentally friendly hybrid buses.
To be competent in all aspects of compiling time and duty schedules and rotas; including associated paperwork and data exports taking into account Safety, Reliability, Acceptability and Cost.
Arriva London is proud and delighted to be operating the recently awarded route 48 TfL contract, running between Walthamstow Central and London Bridge.
A vacancy has arisen for a Data Input Assistant within the Risk Management Department based at Watsons Road, Wood Green.
Local Haringey Rowland Hill pre-school pupils were again treated to a very special way to celebrate World Book Day last Thursday 2nd March.