Arriva London bus garage scoops top bus industry award
Arriva London, one of the capital's largest bus operators, has scooped a top bus industry award.
The operator's Brixton Garage in South London won "London Bus Garage of the Year" in the UK Bus Awards. The award was made following an independent nomination by Transport for London (TfL) and recognises Arriva's outstanding work at Brixton to create a depot that is focused on operational performance whilst providing a positive working environment for employees.
Brixton stood out from all other London bus depots because of its:
- impressive Driver Quality Monitoring results and overall operational performance
- considerable efforts to maintain staff morale through family-friendly, socially inclusive, flexible and part-time working arrangements
- strong employee communications through ‘open forums’, seminars and innovative plasma information screens
- high-quality training programmes to equip employees with the skills to succeed in their role and advance their careers
- encouragement of an active sports and social club with activities for employees and their families which build team spirit, and
- work with Lambeth NHS Primary Care Trust to promote healthy lifestyles to employees and the local community.
Mark Yexley, Arriva London's managing director, said: "This award is fantastic recognition of our employees' efforts every day to deliver high-quality services for our customers. Our Driver Quality Monitoring and operational results at Brixton, which is a 24-hour operation serving some of the busiest routes in inner South London, show we are consistently providing reliable services.The award also recognises some of the innovative ways we are making working life with Arriva better for our employees. Through strong staff communication and training, we have increased morale, given our people the skills they need to do their jobs more effectively, and made the depot a much more positive and sociable place to work.
Arriva London's Brixton Garage employs 325 people and delivers routes 59, 137, 159, 319, N19 and N250.
Published : Thu 30th Nov. 2017 - Wed 20th Dec. 2017
Last June, Arriva London was delighted to have been re-awarded the TfL contract to run route W6 (Edmonton Green – Southgate Station) for a further five years, starting in January 2018 with brand new buses.
Reporting to the Purchasing, Stores and Administration Manager, this vacancy is for an experienced Storekeeper with Administrative experience, based at our Grays garage. You will support the garage team by ensuring an efficient supply of vehicle parts for the maintenance teams. This role is a 6 to 12 month maternity cover contract.
We currently have a vacancy for a Garage Supervisor in Enfield.
This is a key role within the organisation and the work is wide ranging, interesting and vital to the smooth running of the garage and its performance.
As the festive season approaches, we all look forward to the good-will of giving and receiving, and this was truly illustrated last week when members of our staff made a tour of London, on our open top bus, to meet representatives of some of their charities they give to through their Payroll Giving and celebrate #GivingTuesday.
Arriva London scooped three awards at the National Payroll Giving Excellence Awards held in November.