Arriva London bus garage scoops top bus industry award
Arriva London, one of the capital's largest bus operators, has scooped a top bus industry award.
The operator's Brixton Garage in South London won "London Bus Garage of the Year" in the UK Bus Awards. The award was made following an independent nomination by Transport for London (TfL) and recognises Arriva's outstanding work at Brixton to create a depot that is focused on operational performance whilst providing a positive working environment for employees.
Brixton stood out from all other London bus depots because of its:
- impressive Driver Quality Monitoring results and overall operational performance
- considerable efforts to maintain staff morale through family-friendly, socially inclusive, flexible and part-time working arrangements
- strong employee communications through ‘open forums’, seminars and innovative plasma information screens
- high-quality training programmes to equip employees with the skills to succeed in their role and advance their careers
- encouragement of an active sports and social club with activities for employees and their families which build team spirit, and
- work with Lambeth NHS Primary Care Trust to promote healthy lifestyles to employees and the local community.
Mark Yexley, Arriva London's managing director, said: "This award is fantastic recognition of our employees' efforts every day to deliver high-quality services for our customers. Our Driver Quality Monitoring and operational results at Brixton, which is a 24-hour operation serving some of the busiest routes in inner South London, show we are consistently providing reliable services.The award also recognises some of the innovative ways we are making working life with Arriva better for our employees. Through strong staff communication and training, we have increased morale, given our people the skills they need to do their jobs more effectively, and made the depot a much more positive and sociable place to work.
Arriva London's Brixton Garage employs 325 people and delivers routes 59, 137, 159, 319, N19 and N250.
Published : Thu 1st Jun. 2017 - Mon 19th Jun. 2017
An opportunity has arisen for a part-time internal Mail Delivery Driver. We are looking for a hardworking, reliable individual, who can follow a pre-prescribed route around our 18 London sites to deliver mail bags reliably and punctually.
We train our drivers in all aspects of customer service, and as we often hear from our passengers, our staff go above and beyond the call of duty to help, be it someone with mobility difficulties or maybe someone who is looking for directions.
We have a vacancy for a Full Time Engineering Administration Assistant (38 hours per week) currently based at our Barking garage.
If you want to transport a party of people to a special destination to help them celebrate a great occasion, you could do no better than hiring an Arriva Heritage fleet historic Routemaster.
Arriva London is one of the largest bus operators in London, and we are looking for Engineering Apprentices to learn how to repair and maintain our buses.
The generosity of our staff is reflected in Arriva London receiving the prestigious Government’s Charity Aids Foundation Platinum Award last year, which means that over 20% of the staff give to charity through the company’s Payroll Giving scheme.