Arriva London bus garage scoops top bus industry award
Arriva London, one of the capital's largest bus operators, has scooped a top bus industry award.
The operator's Brixton Garage in South London won "London Bus Garage of the Year" in the UK Bus Awards. The award was made following an independent nomination by Transport for London (TfL) and recognises Arriva's outstanding work at Brixton to create a depot that is focused on operational performance whilst providing a positive working environment for employees.
Brixton stood out from all other London bus depots because of its:
- impressive Driver Quality Monitoring results and overall operational performance
- considerable efforts to maintain staff morale through family-friendly, socially inclusive, flexible and part-time working arrangements
- strong employee communications through ‘open forums’, seminars and innovative plasma information screens
- high-quality training programmes to equip employees with the skills to succeed in their role and advance their careers
- encouragement of an active sports and social club with activities for employees and their families which build team spirit, and
- work with Lambeth NHS Primary Care Trust to promote healthy lifestyles to employees and the local community.
Mark Yexley, Arriva London's managing director, said: "This award is fantastic recognition of our employees' efforts every day to deliver high-quality services for our customers. Our Driver Quality Monitoring and operational results at Brixton, which is a 24-hour operation serving some of the busiest routes in inner South London, show we are consistently providing reliable services.The award also recognises some of the innovative ways we are making working life with Arriva better for our employees. Through strong staff communication and training, we have increased morale, given our people the skills they need to do their jobs more effectively, and made the depot a much more positive and sociable place to work.
Arriva London's Brixton Garage employs 325 people and delivers routes 59, 137, 159, 319, N19 and N250.
Published : Thu 19th Oct. 2017 - Thu 2nd Nov. 2017
We have a vacancy for a COE Garage Supervisor.
Reporting to the Finance Director for Arriva London, the Finance Business Partner will be responsible for the co-ordination of management reporting, providing financial support, analysis and challenge in all areas of delivery across Arriva London.
Arriva London are proud, once again, to be the providers of the mode of transport to deliver London’s most original gastronomic road trip - the London restaurant festival’s Champagne Gourmet Odyssey.
As Arriva UK Bus in general, and Arriva London in particular, move in to a period of Transformation, we have decided to appoint a dedicated resource to help us through this process, preparing us for the future.
Arriva London has a vacancy for a Storekeeper Apprentice, which is a full time position. This role is responsible for ordering and maintaining required levels of bus parts and fuel to support the vehicle maintenance and use from bus garages in Arriva London.