Arriva London's Brixton garage helps launch Catch the Bus Week
Catch the Bus Week is a nationwide campaign - spearheaded by Greener Journeys - aimed at raising awareness of the vast economic, environmental and social benefits of taking the bus as well as encouraging everyone to give bus travel a try.
Arriva London's Brixton garage hosted the recently appointed Buses Minister, Jesse Norman, to mark the launch of this year's Catch the Bus Week. He was joined by Arriva UK Bus Managing Director Kevin O'Connor and Greener Journeys CEO Claire Haigh, along with colleagues from Arriva London.
Jesse Norman said:
"Catch the Bus Week is an important initiative, and I'm pleased to be launching it. Buses are vital for connecting people, communities, homes and businesses. I warmly encourage commuters to try the bus this week."
Arriva London carries over one million passengers a day in London, and is always looking for ways to improve its customer relations and encourage more users. For more information about Catch the Bus Week, please visit www.catchthebusweek.co.uk.
Published : Thu 4th Aug. 2016 - Thu 25th Aug. 2016
Reporting to the Commercial Analyst this role primarily provides and utilises analysis from past and forthcoming tender submissions to support strategic decision-making to aid retention and growth of Arriva London’s contract profile.
The Arriva London Heritage Fleet is the company’s way of maintaining a moving history of London.
Whilst the London Overground service between Gospel Oak and Barking is being electrified and the stations modernised, a replacement bus service is in operation to cover the closure.
Purpose of the role:
- To monitor and report on all planned and reactive maintenance via ISS for Arriva London Sites.
- To plan and order tooling, calibration, plant and equipment requests.
- Monitor and manage all Premises and Plant suppliers not within ISS scope of services.
- Provide key performance indicators for Premises, Engineering equipment and service management. Provide timely and accurate financial information.
- Provide technical and procurement support as required to all levels of Arriva staff.
- Maintain tooling, plant, equipment asset registers and capital project plans.
We recently received a request passed on by TfL and, as all the elements were right at the time, decided to help make a bus driver’s dream come true.
Arriva London’s Watford Garston garage is proud to have retained one of its most important routes, route 340.