PSV Technicians / Vehicle Engineers - East London
Location: East London
We currently have vacancies for qualified and experienced PSV engineers.
- Inspecting and maintaining buses to specified standards
- Diagnosing faults efficiently and effectively by road testing vehicles using the latest diagnostic and test equipment
- Undertaking efficient and effective mechanical, electrical and body repairs and road testing on completion, ensuring standards are met
- Completing all relevant documentation to a high standard
- Organising your daily workload
- Communicating and working effectively within a team and providing support to colleagues
- Ensuring Health & Safety standards are met
Experience and skills:
We have two tiers of skill level in Arriva London:
Mechanic Grade: This grade requires a minimum of an NVQ level 2 or equivalent in a relevant discipline. You must also hold, or be able to obtain, an irtec Service Maintenance Technician (SMT) accreditation*
Technician Grade: This grade incorporates Mechanical Technicians as well as Electrical Technicians and Coachmakers who are usually apprentice trained, and will hold a minimum of an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant discipline. Mechanical Technicians must also hold, or be able to obtain, irtec Advanced Technician (AT) accreditation.
Essential skills and experience:
You will be…
- Experienced within a relevant motor vehicle engineering discipline
- Able to demonstrate that your skills are commensurate with your experience and qualifications and meet our needs
- Qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (for Mechanic Grade)
- Qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (for Technician Grade)
- Able to obtain an irtec licence at the appropriate level*
- Able to communicate well (both written and verbal) and be able to follow written technical instructions
- A current holder of a full UK driving licence
- Able to obtain a PCV licence (this must be obtained within the probationary period)*
Desirable skills and experience:
It would be advantageous to your application if you…
- Have current knowledge and experience working in PCV / HGV sectors
- Are familiar with the DVSA requirements and standards
- Already hold a PCV licence
Hours of Work:
We have various patterns of work in our business, but all of the shifts described below centre around an average 38 hours per week, and no more than 5 days per week.
In most cases, most new members to the team start on ‘Day Shift’ working Monday to Friday. Start and finish times for this standard shift vary slightly depending on the needs of the business, but typically start at 6am.
You may be required to work a ‘Rota Shift’ after a qualifying period. Enhanced rates are paid should you be required to work this pattern which will involve weekend working and both early starts (typically 6am) and late finishes (typically 10pm). You will not be required to start before 5am or finish after 10pm.
A small proportion of our colleagues work a permanent ‘Night Shift’. Enhanced rates are paid should you work this pattern which will involve weekend working, with rest days in the week. Start and finish times for Night Shifts vary slightly according to the needs of the garage, but would not normally start before 6pm, or finish after 7am.
Salary and benefits:
Our salary and benefits are competitive, and we currently pay our engineers weekly. Salaries start at £29,798 pa (£571 pw) rising to £43,197 pa (£828 pw) dependent on your skills, qualifications and experience; as well as the shift pattern you are working.
- Enhanced overtime payments
- 2 free Oyster cards**
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses for you and your family**
- Company pension scheme
- Training to obtain IRTEC accreditation*
- Training to obtain a PCV licence
- Structured technical training and development
- Opportunities for promotion and progression
- 28 days annual leave rising to 33 days after 5yrs service (including bank holidays)
* For the right candidates, training may be provided to assist you to gain irtec accreditation at SMT level, and also to obtain a PCV licence if you haven’t got one
Closing date: 30th March
To apply, please click here.
Published : Mon 20th Nov. 2017 - Thu 23rd Nov. 2017
Arriva London collected three prestigious awards at the UK Bus Awards held at the historic Troxy cinema venue in Limehouse, East London.
The Engineering Administrative Assistant provides vital support to the Engineering Management team, providing efficient and effective reporting and maintaining compliance within bus garages.