PSV Technicians / Vehicle Engineers
Location: various sites across London
We currently have vacancies for qualified and experienced PSV engineers.
- Inspecting and maintaining buses to specified standards
- Diagnosing faults efficiently and effectively by road testing vehicles using the latest diagnostic and test equipment
- Undertaking efficient and effective mechanical, electrical and body repairs and road testing on completion, ensuring standards are met
- Completing all relevant documentation to a high standard
- Organising your daily workload
- Communicating and working effectively with a team and providing support to colleagues
- Ensuring Health & Safety standards are met
Experience and skills:
You will already be experienced within motor vehicle engineering. An NVQ level 2 or equivalent in mechanics, electrics or coachbuilding OR 10 years’ experience working in HGV / PCV mechanical work history OR be able to demonstrate suitable extensive expertise at the required level is essential.
Knowledge of either PCV / HGV would be an advantage.
You will possess excellent diagnostic skills and be a good communicator. Familiarity of the DVSA requirements would be desirable. A full UK driving licence is essential and a PCV licence is advantageous.
We will train you to gain IRTEC accreditation and a PCV licence if you haven’t got one (you’ll need to get your PCV licence before your probationary period has passed).
Hours of work:
We work on shifts within a rota.
You will not be required to work more than an average of 5 days per week over the cycle of the rota and days off may rotate through each week. All 7 days a week are in scope of this pattern.
The standard working week is 38 hours but actual hours worked each day may vary according to location and shift. Average rostered hours worked will not exceed 38 hours per week over the cycle of the rota worked.
For shift work, you will not normally start your shift before 5am or finish a shift after 10pm.
Night work is usually not before 6pm and not after 7am, again averaging 38 hours a week in the scope of the 7 days a week rota.
Our vacancies are all over London, so you need to be flexible to be able to work in any of Arriva London's garages.
Salary and benefits:
We offer £31,400 - £35,600 p.a. (£602 p.w. – £683 p.w.) for shift work and £34,800 - £40,600 p.a. (£670 pw - £780 pw) for night work, dependant on qualifications. These figures exclude overtime.
- Enhanced overtime payments
- 2 free Oyster cards*
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses for you and your family*
- Company pension
- Training to obtain IRTEC accreditation
- Training to obtain a PCV licence
- Structured training technical
- Opportunities for promotion
To register your interest, please click here.