Vehicle Engineering Apprenticeships
Arriva London is one of the largest bus operators in London, and we are looking for Engineering Apprentices to learn how to repair and maintain our buses.
We are committed to training and developing the talent of tomorrow, and we have great career prospects.
Our apprenticeships are for 3 years, with core training in:
- Mechanics and Electrics
- Accident Repair and Bodywork
We provide a well-established structured training programme, a mentor, regular reviews, lots of support and training in several bus garages to maximise your training and people who care and want our apprentices to succeed.
You will obtain a Level 3 qualification in Bus & Coach, an IRTEC accreditation and a PCV (bus driving) licence.
Your training will take place in our training academy at Edmonton garage, along with on-the-job practical experience in our bus garages, which are situated as follows:
Brixton SW2 4TB, Norwood SE27 0HN, Thornton Heath CR7 6AU, Croydon CR2 6EL, Dartford DA1 5BG
Ash Grove E8 4RH, Edmonton N18 3QX, Clapton E8 1DU, Enfield EN3 4HX, Palmers Green N13 5UR, Stamford Hill N16 6SS, Tottenham N15 4JB, Wood Green N22 4HF, Barking IG11 0ST, Grays RM20 4DB, Watford WD25 9NN
You will receive a competitive salary, including an Oyster travel card and travel on all Arriva buses in the UK. After 3 months, you may apply for a second pass for a member of your family that resides at the same address as you.
We can offer you a permanent position after successful completion of the apprenticeship scheme, with current earnings between £30,000 – £41,000 p.a.
You need to have:
- An interest in fixing vehicles (essential)
- Some mechanical skills (advantageous)
- The ability to obtain a car driving licence and a PCV licence
- Good communication – written and verbal
- Be a team player
- A strong work ethic
- The ability to think on your feet and work through solutions to problems
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Motivation and the desire to produce a good job
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent which must include Maths, English language and a Science subject with a minimum pass of Grade C
To apply, please forward CVs to Arriva London's HR department at email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Friday 14th July 2017