Arriva London currently has a vacancy for a Training Specialist, reporting to the Engineering Training Manager. The position will primarily be based at the Arriva London training academy at Edmonton garage, but will involve working at various locations around London and the Home Counties. The duties include the delivery of training and conducting training needs assessments for internal and external customers, along with maintaining and developing training material, and any administration required.
- Create and maintain a positive and professional learning environment
- Manage the design, delivery and the development of training programs
- Utilise a variety of the training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training programs
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of all training programs
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
The successful candidate should:
- Display leadership skills that set the standard and expectations
- Hold or be working towards a recognised teaching qualification
- Have excellent organisational and communication (written and oral) skills
- Hold or be working towards a recognised assessing qualification
- Be able to deliver projects and motivate trainees through effective training methodologies both in group and individual classroom dynamics
- Hold or be working towards an IRTEC master-tech accreditation
- Have the ability to provide support with complex fault diagnoses on Company fleet vehicles
- Be proficient in training methods, curriculum development and soft skills (communication skills, critical thinking, time management, team building)
- Have a proven track record in the delivery of engineering training
- Be computer literate with knowledge of MS Office and web-based systems
- Demonstrate high energy, enthusiasm and motivational training style
£39,000 basic salary with a £2,000 performance-related bonus.
Closing date for application is 29th June 2018
To apply, please click here.