Arriva London Bus Driver
As a bus driver you are the key to Arriva's success. You are not just driving from A to B, you are the face of our company whose dedication and professionalism ensures that we provide a quality customer experience to every passenger. From day one, our industry leading training means you have the tools to deliver a safe, comfortable journey, and the great customer service our passengers expect from us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 364 days a year.
We are currently looking for talented people with great people skills to become bus drivers. If you have a licence to drive a car we can teach you to drive a bus.
We are also looking for experienced PCV drivers to join our team. If you hold a current PCV licence, depending on experience, average earnings start from £25,000pa (not including overtime).
For applicants with no direct bus driving experience all you need is:
- a full driving licence with the right to drive in the UK
- one year's (car) driving experience
- no more than 6 points on your licence
- no unspent criminal convictions
You should be:
- a confident person with good customer service skills who enjoys working and dealing with people
- an excellent driver - you must drive regularly in varied environments and at different times of the day
- enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
- be prepared to work on a shift pattern
What we offer you
- Industry leading training with pay
- Free travel on the TfL network for you and one other person that lives with you
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses
- Membership of the Arriva Employee rewards scheme worth £1200 a year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Membership of Employer Contributory Pension Scheme
- Great career opportunities
- Average earnings once trained £440pw (not including overtime)
Arriva London operates from 15 garages across London:
Ash Grove, Barking, Brixton, Clapton, Croydon, Dartford, Edmonton, Enfield, Grays, Norwood, Palmers Green, Stamford Hill, Thornton Heath, Tottenham, and Wood Green.
Please click here for full details on each garage.
Due to health & safety requirements, there is a weight limit of 20 stone.
If you have any difficulties with the online application process please contact us by clicking this link
Electronic data relating to applications for employment is stored for a maximum of 18 months. If you wish your individual data to stop being stored prior to that please write to the HR Department making that request.
Published : Thu 22nd Feb. 2018 - Mon 11th Jun. 2018
At Arriva, we are always looking for new ways to recruit high calibre applicants to fill roles in our every expanding business.
Arriva London’s Heritage Fleet assists The Royal Hospital Chelsea to mark their National Care Home Open Day
The Royal Hospital Chelsea recently celebrated National Care Home Open Day 2018 by opening the doors to its dedicated care facility and welcoming supporters and visitors to the event.
Last week, we were delighted to welcome Michelle Salter and Donna Prendergast from the Sickle Cell Society to our Brixton garage, to meet with some of the givers and also record a few words about what the Payroll Givers' generosity means to their charity.
We have the ambition to become the mobility partner of choice, preferred by our passengers, partners and clients. Having a diverse, talented and motivated workforce is key to achieving that ambition.
We are always looking at ways to improve our green credentials and a recent initiative, part of our Destination Green programme across the business, at our North London Palmers Green garage is another illustration of this process.
Last summer, we were delighted to be awarded the contract from TfL to operate route W4 running from Oakthorpe Park Estate to Tottenham Ferry Lane estate, operating from Wood Green garage.