Arriva London Bus Driver
Bus drivers are the key to our company's success. Our drivers are the life blood of Arriva London, they are the front line staff whose actions ultimately determine the quality of the service we provide. Their professional attitude along with the excellent training means they are able to consistently display the skills to keep Arriva London’s passengers moving 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are currently looking to recruit new bus drivers, and specifically existing PCV drivers, with the opportunity of average rostered earnings of £25K - £27K (Ts&Cs apply).
We are also looking for non-PCV applicants with:
- a full driving licence with the right to drive in the UK
- one year's driving experience
- no more than 6 points on your licence
- no unspent criminal convictions
You should be:
- a confident person with good customer service skills who enjoys working and dealing with people
- an excellent driver - you must drive regularly in varied environments and at different times of the day
- enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
- be prepared to work shifts
What we offer you
- Attractive pay package
- Professional training (3-8 weeks) with pay
- Free uniform
- Free travel on the TfL network for yourself and one other that lives with you
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses
- Save up to £1216.10 p.a. on household costs using the Arriva staff rewards scheme
- Career opportunities
- Membership of the Arriva Workplace Pension
Arriva London operates from 17 garages across London: Ash Grove, Barking, Brixton, Clapton, Croydon, Dartford, Edmonton, Enfield, Grays, Heathrow, Norwood, Palmers Green, Stamford Hill, Thornton Heath, Tottenham, Watford and Wood Green.
Please click here for full details on each garage.
Due to health & safety requirements, there is a weight limit of 20 stone.
To apply, please click here
If you have any difficulties with the online application process please contact us by clicking this link
Electronic data relating to applications for employment is stored for a maximum of 18 months. If you wish your individual data to stop being stored prior to that please write to the HR Department making that request.
Published : Thu 17th Mar. 2016 - Thu 14th Apr. 2016
A new idea to turn older diesel engine buses into much more environmentally friendly vehicles has been developed. The basic idea behind the unit, is that the old diesel unit that currently drives the wheels is removed, and a retrofit diesel/electric hybrid is fitted.
Arriva London is always happy to try and accommodate our customers’ requirements, so we were delighted to receive this thank you note from ten-year-old Jeremy, following his visit with his parents to Arriva’s Grays garage yesterday.
At Arriva London, we are always interested in unusual requests for the use of our fleet, and are regular suppliers of buses to accommodate rail replacement work. However, we are pleased to announce that we have been able to satisfy a more unusual request for the use of one of our Heritage Fleet buses as the temporary ticket office for a miniature railway station in Kent.
Arriva London will be holding a driver recruitment day between 10.30am - 1pm on Saturday 16th April at Brixton, one of our South London Garages.
This week,Arriva London’s route 59 buses have started their conversion to New Routemasters.
Arriva’s ‘red bus’ operations at Watford, Dartford, Grays and Heathrow are now moving across to be part of an enlarged Arriva London.