Arriva London Bus Driver
Bus drivers are the key to our company's success. Our drivers are the life blood of Arriva London, they are the front line staff whose actions ultimately determine the quality of the service we provide. Their professional attitude along with the excellent training means they are able to consistently display the skills to keep Arriva London’s passengers moving 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are currently looking to recruit new bus drivers and provide training, also specifically existing PCV drivers, with the opportunity of average rostered earnings of £25K - £27K (Ts&Cs apply, dependent on experience). With the exception of our Dartford garage.
We are also looking for non-PCV applicants with:
- a full driving licence with the right to drive in the UK
- one year's driving experience
- no more than 6 points on your licence
- no unspent criminal convictions
You should be:
- a confident person with good customer service skills who enjoys working and dealing with people
- an excellent driver - you must drive regularly in varied environments and at different times of the day
- enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
- be prepared to work shifts
What we offer you
- Attractive pay package
- Professional training (3-8 weeks) with pay
- Free uniform
- Free travel on the TfL network for yourself and one other that lives with you
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses
- Save up to £1216.10 p.a. on household costs using the Arriva staff rewards scheme
- Career opportunities
- Membership of the Arriva Workplace Pension
Arriva London operates from 16 garages across London: Ash Grove, Barking, Brixton, Clapton, Croydon, Dartford, Edmonton, Enfield, Grays, Norwood, Palmers Green, Stamford Hill, Thornton Heath, Tottenham, Watford and Wood Green.
Please click here for full details on each garage.
Due to health & safety requirements, there is a weight limit of 20 stone.
To apply, please click here
If you have any difficulties with the online application process please contact us by clicking this link
Electronic data relating to applications for employment is stored for a maximum of 18 months. If you wish your individual data to stop being stored prior to that please write to the HR Department making that request.
Published : Wed 6th Jul. 2016 - Thu 28th Jul. 2016
Arriva London is delighted to announce the retention of route 377 from TfL, which runs from Oakwood Station to Ponders End at Enfield
It is not an easy task to design artwork for a bus over 11m long, over 4m high and 2.5m wide, but there were approximately 538 entries from several Primary schools! The sheer number and standard of entries was overwhelming!
The London Bus Awards gives TfL and bus operators the opportunity to recognise the commitment demonstrated on a daily basis from drivers, support teams and frontline TfL staff. The London bus network would not be the same without people of such a high calibre as those nominated for the awards.
Our open-top Heritage Fleet Routemaster, RMC 1464, held pride of place as part of Eldon Primary School’s celebration of the Queen’s 90th birthday.
Every year, as part of the plan to maintain the high standards of its bus drivers, Arriva London holds a Bus Driver of the Year competition.
Catch the Bus Week is a nationwide campaign aimed at driving awareness of the benefits of taking the bus.