Arriva London Bus Driver
Bus drivers are the key to our company's success. Our drivers are the life blood of Arriva London, they are the front line staff whose actions ultimately determine the quality of the service we provide. Their professional attitude along with the excellent training means they are able to consistently display the skills to keep Arriva London’s passengers moving 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are currently looking to recruit new bus drivers and provide training, also specifically existing PCV drivers, with the opportunity of average rostered earnings of £25K - £27K (Ts&Cs apply, dependent on experience). With the exception of our Dartford garage.
We are also looking for non-PCV applicants with:
- a full driving licence with the right to drive in the UK
- one year's driving experience
- no more than 6 points on your licence
- no unspent criminal convictions
You should be:
- a confident person with good customer service skills who enjoys working and dealing with people
- an excellent driver - you must drive regularly in varied environments and at different times of the day
- enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
- be prepared to work shifts
What we offer you
- Attractive pay package
- Professional training (3-8 weeks) with pay
- Free uniform
- Free travel on the TfL network for yourself and one other that lives with you
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses
- Save up to £1216.10 p.a. on household costs using the Arriva staff rewards scheme
- Career opportunities
- Membership of the Arriva Workplace Pension
Arriva London operates from 16 garages across London: Ash Grove, Barking, Brixton, Clapton, Croydon, Dartford, Edmonton, Enfield, Grays, Norwood, Palmers Green, Stamford Hill, Thornton Heath, Tottenham, Watford and Wood Green.
Please click here for full details on each garage.
Due to health & safety requirements, there is a weight limit of 20 stone.
If you have any difficulties with the online application process please contact us by clicking this link
Electronic data relating to applications for employment is stored for a maximum of 18 months. If you wish your individual data to stop being stored prior to that please write to the HR Department making that request.
Published : Thu 18th Aug. 2016 - Thu 6th Oct. 2016
The new contract has seen the introduction of twenty-two new Euro 6 compliant Wrightbus StreetLite single-deck buses, the first to be introduced to Arriva London’s fleet.
Momentum held the Family Fun Day picnic and the Golden Bus Trip for around a dozen families that it supports, who have children currently undergoing cancer treatment or who are in remission.
Arriva London paints a bus Platinum to celebrate 1,000 staff giving to 160 charities every Pay day through Payroll Giving
When Arriva London started their Payroll Giving promotional program in 2014, encouraging more staff to get involved with giving to charity through the Payroll Giving scheme, they didn’t realise how welcoming the staff would be to the idea, and how generous the Payroll Givers would be.
The Arriva London Heritage Fleet is the company’s way of maintaining a moving history of London.
Whilst the London Overground service between Gospel Oak and Barking is being electrified and the stations modernised, a replacement bus service is in operation to cover the closure.