Arriva London Bus Driver
Bus drivers are the key to our company's success. Our drivers are the life blood of Arriva London, they are the front line staff whose actions ultimately determine the quality of the service we provide. Their professional attitude along with the excellent training means they are able to consistently display the skills to keep Arriva London’s passengers moving 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are currently looking to recruit new bus drivers, and specifically existing PCV drivers, with the opportunity of average rostered earnings of £25K - £27K (Ts&Cs apply).
We are also looking for non-PCV applicants with:
- a full driving licence with the right to drive in the UK
- one year's driving experience
- no more than 6 points on your licence
- no unspent criminal convictions
You should be:
- a confident person with good customer service skills who enjoys working and dealing with people
- an excellent driver - you must drive regularly in varied environments and at different times of the day
- enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
- be prepared to work shifts
What we offer you
- Attractive pay package
- Professional training (3-8 weeks) with pay
- Free uniform
- Free travel on the TfL network for yourself and one other that lives with you
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses
- Save up to £1216.10 p.a. on household costs using the Arriva staff rewards scheme
- Career opportunities
- Membership of the Arriva Workplace Pension
Arriva London operates from 17 garages across London: Ash Grove, Barking, Brixton, Clapton, Croydon, Dartford, Edmonton, Enfield, Grays, Heathrow, Norwood, Palmers Green, Stamford Hill, Thornton Heath, Tottenham, Watford and Wood Green.
Please click here for full details on each garage.
Due to health & safety requirements, there is a weight limit of 20 stone.
To apply, please click here
If you have any difficulties with the online application process please contact us by clicking this link
Electronic data relating to applications for employment is stored for a maximum of 18 months. If you wish your individual data to stop being stored prior to that please write to the HR Department making that request.
Published : Thu 4th Feb. 2016 - Thu 10th Mar. 2016
As part of National Apprentice week we will be running three apprentice information sessions on Friday 18th March 2016, at our Edmonton Engineering Training Academy, starting at 10:00, 12:00 and 14:00.
Local Haringey pre-school pupils were again treated to a very special way to celebrate World Book Day last Thursday (3rd March) with a shiny, red Arriva London Bus.
There can’t be a better way of learning about how buses work, than getting on one and asking the drivers. This is precisely what happened this week, when Arriva London were invited to take one of their red single deck buses to Newbury Park Primary School in Ilford.
As part of our ongoing drive to improve customer experience, we continually look for ways of enhancing the training we provide for our drivers.
Every year, Arriva London’s staff show their massive generosity through their continued charitable giving. The company runs a Payroll Giving scheme, which encourages staff to easily give to any charity they choose through their payroll, for as little as one pound a week; this is also tax efficient for both the employee and the charities.