Arriva London Bus Driver
Bus drivers are the key to our company's success. Our drivers are the life blood of Arriva London, they are the front line staff whose actions ultimately determine the quality of the service we provide. Their professional attitude along with the excellent training means they are able to consistently display the skills to keep Arriva London’s passengers moving 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are currently looking to recruit new bus drivers and provide training, also specifically existing PCV drivers, with the opportunity of average rostered earnings of £25K - £27K (Ts&Cs apply, dependent on experience). With the exception of our Dartford garage.
We are also looking for non-PCV applicants with:
- a full driving licence with the right to drive in the UK
- one year's driving experience
- no more than 6 points on your licence
- no unspent criminal convictions
You should be:
- a confident person with good customer service skills who enjoys working and dealing with people
- an excellent driver - you must drive regularly in varied environments and at different times of the day
- enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
- be prepared to work shifts
What we offer you
- Attractive pay package
- Professional training (3-8 weeks) with pay
- Free uniform
- Free travel on the TfL network for yourself and one other that lives with you
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses
- Save up to £1216.10 p.a. on household costs using the Arriva staff rewards scheme
- Career opportunities
- Membership of the Arriva Workplace Pension
Arriva London operates from 16 garages across London: Ash Grove, Barking, Brixton, Clapton, Croydon, Dartford, Edmonton, Enfield, Grays, Norwood, Palmers Green, Stamford Hill, Thornton Heath, Tottenham, Watford and Wood Green.
Please click here for full details on each garage.
Due to health & safety requirements, there is a weight limit of 20 stone.
If you have any difficulties with the online application process please contact us by clicking this link
Electronic data relating to applications for employment is stored for a maximum of 18 months. If you wish your individual data to stop being stored prior to that please write to the HR Department making that request.
Published : Thu 12th May. 2016 - Thu 16th Jun. 2016
There was a multitude of applications this year and the quality of entries was very high. The selection process for the judges was very difficult, but three Arriva London employees were successful.
At Arriva London we are always proud and amazed at the generosity and enthusiasm of our staff to get involved and give to charity, and none more so than three of our bus drivers, who recently completed a 100 kilometre cycle ride for three cancer charities.
The famous Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway, which has a station at Dungeness, has been using Arriva London’s Heritage Fleet RML 2360 Routemaster bus as a temporary ticket office and shop.
Youth Travel Ambassadors is a London-wide programme delivered in partnership with borough councils and Transport for London to increase active travel, improve behaviour and increase safety for the 11-18 age group.
This weekend’s service was run on former route 95 from Cannon Street to Tooting Broadway and back, passing Arriva’s Brixton garage, by five RTW’s including the very last ever RTW to run in commercial service, RTW 467.
In line with other Arriva London garages across London who hold travel training days for people with disabilities, Brixton garage in South London held its first Travel training day last week.