Arriva London Bus Driver
Bus drivers are the key to our company's success. Our drivers are the life blood of Arriva London, they are the front line staff whose actions ultimately determine the quality of the service we provide. Their professional attitude along with the excellent training means they are able to consistently display the skills to keep Arriva London’s passengers moving 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are currently looking to recruit new bus drivers, and specifically existing PCV drivers, with the opportunity of average rostered earnings of £25K - £27K (Ts&Cs apply).
We are also looking for non-PCV applicants with:
- a full driving licence with the right to drive in the UK
- one year's driving experience
- no more than 6 points on your licence
- no unspent criminal convictions
You should be:
- a confident person with good customer service skills who enjoys working and dealing with people
- an excellent driver - you must drive regularly in varied environments and at different times of the day
- enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
- be prepared to work shifts
What we offer you
- Attractive pay package
- Professional training (3-8 weeks) with pay
- Free uniform
- Free travel on the TfL network for yourself and one other that lives with you
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses
- Save up to £1216.10 p.a. on household costs using the Arriva staff rewards scheme
- Career opportunities
- Membership of the Arriva Workplace Pension
Arriva London operates from 17 garages across London: Ash Grove, Barking, Brixton, Clapton, Croydon, Dartford, Edmonton, Enfield, Grays, Heathrow, Norwood, Palmers Green, Stamford Hill, Thornton Heath, Tottenham, Watford and Wood Green.
Please click here for full details on each garage.
Due to health & safety requirements, there is a weight limit of 20 stone.
To apply, please click here
If you have any difficulties with the online application process please contact us by clicking this link
Electronic data relating to applications for employment is stored for a maximum of 18 months. If you wish your individual data to stop being stored prior to that please write to the HR Department making that request.
Published : Tue 13th Oct. 2015 - Mon 9th Nov. 2015
Recently, Arriva London’s Brixton garage was the venue for a new initiative. In partnership with TfL, Arriva London invited a group from Lambeth’s People’s Rights Group to the garage for an open discussion about the challenges for some of our disabled customers when travelling on London’s buses.
In support of this year’s Poppy Appeal a number of Transport for London vehicles including two Arriva London buses, have been covered in poppies.
The complete wrap of the buses transforms them from their London iconic red, to fantastic moving advertising spaces, ideal for announcing such a phenomenon to the London audience.
Arriva graduates go places. Our fast-track schemes in General and Engineering Management are available within Arriva London, our UK Bus division, UK Trains as well as in mainland Europe.
Since the introduction of the first New Routemaster buses on its route 38 in February 2012, Arriva London has been preparing for many more to appear on other routes it operates.