Arriva London Bus Driver
Bus drivers are the key to our company's success. Our drivers are the life blood of Arriva London, they are the front line staff whose actions ultimately determine the quality of the service we provide. Their professional attitude along with the excellent training means they are able to consistently display the skills to keep Arriva London’s passengers moving 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are currently looking to recruit new bus drivers, and specifically existing PCV drivers, with the opportunity of average rostered earnings of £25K - £27K (Ts&Cs apply).
We are also looking for non-PCV applicants with:
- a full driving licence with the right to drive in the UK
- one year's driving experience
- no more than 6 points on your licence
- no unspent criminal convictions
You should be:
- a confident person with good customer service skills who enjoys working and dealing with people
- an excellent driver - you must drive regularly in varied environments and at different times of the day
- enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
- be prepared to work shifts
What we offer you
- Attractive pay package
- Professional training (3-8 weeks) with pay
- Free uniform
- Free travel on the TfL network for yourself and one other that lives with you
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses
- Save up to £1216.10 p.a. on household costs using the Arriva staff rewards scheme
- Career opportunities
- Membership of the Arriva Workplace Pension
Arriva London operates from 17 garages across London: Ash Grove, Barking, Brixton, Clapton, Croydon, Dartford, Edmonton, Enfield, Grays, Heathrow, Norwood, Palmers Green, Stamford Hill, Thornton Heath, Tottenham, Watford and Wood Green.
Please click here for full details on each garage.
Due to health & safety requirements, there is a weight limit of 20 stone.
To apply, please click here
If you have any difficulties with the online application process please contact us by clicking this link
Electronic data relating to applications for employment is stored for a maximum of 18 months. If you wish your individual data to stop being stored prior to that please write to the HR Department making that request.
Published : Thu 9th Jul. 2015 - Thu 27th Aug. 2015
For the last seven years, for one day each year, a full bus service, route 23A, has been laid on to an abandoned village in the middle of Salisbury Plain.
In line with the daily routine of carrying over a million passengers per day across London, Arriva London is always looking for ways of improving its offering to the public.
Each year the Metropolitan Police hold an awards ceremony at New Scotland Yard to reward CCTV professionals.
Pioneered by the IRTE (Institute of Road Transport Engineers), the IRTE Skills Challenge champions and rewards the vital work and skills of bus engineers across the UK.
Last Saturday saw the coming together of Arriva London’s 35 top bus drivers to compete in the annual Arriva London Bus Driver of the Year competition.