Arriva London Bus Driver
Bus drivers are the key to our company's success. Our drivers are the life blood of Arriva London, they are the front line staff whose actions ultimately determine the quality of the service we provide. Their professional attitude along with the excellent training means they are able to consistently display the skills to keep Arriva London’s passengers moving 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are currently looking to recruit new bus drivers and provide training, also specifically existing PCV drivers, with the opportunity of average rostered earnings of £25K - £27K (Ts&Cs apply, dependent on experience). With the exception of our Dartford garage.
We are also looking for non-PCV applicants with:
- a full driving licence with the right to drive in the UK
- one year's driving experience
- no more than 6 points on your licence
- no unspent criminal convictions
You should be:
- a confident person with good customer service skills who enjoys working and dealing with people
- an excellent driver - you must drive regularly in varied environments and at different times of the day
- enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
- be prepared to work shifts
What we offer you
- Attractive pay package
- Professional training (3-8 weeks) with pay
- Free uniform
- Free travel on the TfL network for yourself and one other that lives with you
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses
- Save up to £1216.10 p.a. on household costs using the Arriva staff rewards scheme
- Career opportunities
- Membership of the Arriva Workplace Pension
Arriva London operates from 17 garages across London: Ash Grove, Barking, Brixton, Clapton, Croydon, Dartford, Edmonton, Enfield, Grays, Heathrow, Norwood, Palmers Green, Stamford Hill, Thornton Heath, Tottenham, Watford and Wood Green.
Please click here for full details on each garage.
Due to health & safety requirements, there is a weight limit of 20 stone.
To apply, please click here
If you have any difficulties with the online application process please contact us by clicking this link
Electronic data relating to applications for employment is stored for a maximum of 18 months. If you wish your individual data to stop being stored prior to that please write to the HR Department making that request.
Published : Fri 15th May. 2015 - Thu 25th Jun. 2015
On Tuesday morning on Horse Guards Parade, Brogan O’Brien and Carole Wilde, engineers from Arriva London, were part of the National Women in Engineering Day celebrations setting a Guinness World Record.
Next Tuesday the 23rd of June is ‘National Women in Engineering Day 2015’.
At Arriva London, we continually talk with our drivers & often (with their agreement) record their views on video to help us better understand their working environment, and to share with the public how they deal with situations they face every day.
Each year, the London Bus Awards celebrate all that is good about the bus industry in London, recognising the sterling work of drivers, garage support teams and frontline TfL staff who consistently perform to high standards.
Arriva London has been gearing up for the introduction of New Routemasters (NRMs) on its route 73, running from Stoke Newington to Victoria out of its Stamford Hill garage.
Over the recent May bank holiday weekend Arriva London’s pristine looking LT327 from Brixton garage was brought into service for filming at Waterloo Southbank and in Croydon, with movie star Kevin Bacon