Arriva London Bus Driver
Bus drivers are the key to our company's success. Our drivers are the life blood of Arriva London, they are the front line staff whose actions ultimately determine the quality of the service we provide. Their professional attitude along with the excellent training means they are able to consistently display the skills to keep Arriva London’s passengers moving 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are currently looking to recruit new bus drivers and provide training, also specifically existing PCV drivers, with the opportunity of average rostered earnings of £25K - £27K (Ts&Cs apply, dependent on experience). With the exception of our Dartford garage.
We are also looking for non-PCV applicants with:
- a full driving licence with the right to drive in the UK
- one year's driving experience
- no more than 6 points on your licence
- no unspent criminal convictions
You should be:
- a confident person with good customer service skills who enjoys working and dealing with people
- an excellent driver - you must drive regularly in varied environments and at different times of the day
- enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
- be prepared to work shifts
What we offer you
- Attractive pay package
- Professional training (3-8 weeks) with pay
- Free uniform
- Free travel on the TfL network for yourself and one other that lives with you
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses
- Save up to £1216.10 p.a. on household costs using the Arriva staff rewards scheme
- Career opportunities
- Membership of the Arriva Workplace Pension
Arriva London operates from 16 garages across London: Ash Grove, Barking, Brixton, Clapton, Croydon, Dartford, Edmonton, Enfield, Grays, Norwood, Palmers Green, Stamford Hill, Thornton Heath, Tottenham, Watford and Wood Green.
Please click here for full details on each garage.
Due to health & safety requirements, there is a weight limit of 20 stone.
To apply, please click here
If you have any difficulties with the online application process please contact us by clicking this link
Electronic data relating to applications for employment is stored for a maximum of 18 months. If you wish your individual data to stop being stored prior to that please write to the HR Department making that request.
Published : Wed 2nd Aug. 2017 - Thu 28th Sep. 2017
When our garage staff asked if they could support this year's Macmillan Coffee Morning, we were delighted to encourage them to do so.
At Arriva London, we are always looking for ways to improve our environmental footprint, and are excited when our staff suggest ways in which they can also contribute to this aim.
On Saturday 26th August, Arriva London was pleased to support the eighth annual bus service to the normally deserted Wiltshire village of Imber, situated in the middle of Salisbury Plain military training area.
As part of our continuous ongoing staff training and development programme, this week, together with colleagues from TfL, we conducted a Hello London Accessibility Forum at our Brixton garage, and invited our drivers to participate in the discussion.
If you’re planning a wedding, a special birthday celebration or a fantastic day out with a group of friends, why not treat yourselves this summer and let us help you with your transport and celebrations solutions, using our Heritage Fleet Routemaster buses available for private hire.
It’s never too soon to experience new things in life and for the children of the Streatham Montessori Nursery in Brixton, last week was one of those times.