Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Wood Green
- To liaise with all colleagues across London, providing information and support on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Manage information and collate statistics for reporting to the Health & Safety Manager and to group level.
- Advise managers in Arriva London on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Attend all company premises to carry out safety audits and workplace inspections.
- Research current safety legislation and translate into meaningful text that can be related to our activities and distribute where required.
- Maintain the comprehensive administrative filing systems including archival and current files in accordance with our Health & Safety Strategy (both hard copies and electronic).
- Prepare monthly and yearly Health & Safety statistical reports for distribution to Directors / General Managers and Group Safety Manager.
- Coordinate, update, maintain and monitor training courses and pass information to relevant department managers for amending personnel training records.
- Other tasks as necessary to provide comprehensive Health & Safety support to the business.
- Proven relevant and current experience in Health, Safety & Environmental practices.
- Possess the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent, thus being able to demonstrate continual professional development.
- Excellent communication skills to enable the post holder to liaise effectively with internal and external colleagues.
- Organised, computer literate and proficient in MS Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Closing Date: 20th October 2017
To apply, please click here.
Published : Thu 4th Feb. 2016 - Thu 10th Mar. 2016
As part of National Apprentice week we will be running three apprentice information sessions on Friday 18th March 2016, at our Edmonton Engineering Training Academy, starting at 10:00, 12:00 and 14:00.
Local Haringey pre-school pupils were again treated to a very special way to celebrate World Book Day last Thursday (3rd March) with a shiny, red Arriva London Bus.
There can’t be a better way of learning about how buses work, than getting on one and asking the drivers. This is precisely what happened this week, when Arriva London were invited to take one of their red single deck buses to Newbury Park Primary School in Ilford.
As part of our ongoing drive to improve customer experience, we continually look for ways of enhancing the training we provide for our drivers.
Every year, Arriva London’s staff show their massive generosity through their continued charitable giving. The company runs a Payroll Giving scheme, which encourages staff to easily give to any charity they choose through their payroll, for as little as one pound a week; this is also tax efficient for both the employee and the charities.