Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Wood Green
- To liaise with all colleagues across London, providing information and support on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Manage information and collate statistics for reporting to the Health & Safety Manager and to group level.
- Advise managers in Arriva London on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Attend all company premises to carry out safety audits and workplace inspections.
- Research current safety legislation and translate into meaningful text that can be related to our activities and distribute where required.
- Maintain the comprehensive administrative filing systems including archival and current files in accordance with our Health & Safety Strategy (both hard copies and electronic).
- Prepare monthly and yearly Health & Safety statistical reports for distribution to Directors / General Managers and Group Safety Manager.
- Coordinate, update, maintain and monitor training courses and pass information to relevant department managers for amending personnel training records.
- Other tasks as necessary to provide comprehensive Health & Safety support to the business.
- Proven relevant and current experience in Health, Safety & Environmental practices.
- Possess the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent, thus being able to demonstrate continual professional development.
- Excellent communication skills to enable the post holder to liaise effectively with internal and external colleagues.
- Organised, computer literate and proficient in MS Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Closing Date: 20th October 2017
To apply, please click here.
Published : Tue 13th Oct. 2015 - Mon 9th Nov. 2015
Recently, Arriva London’s Brixton garage was the venue for a new initiative. In partnership with TfL, Arriva London invited a group from Lambeth’s People’s Rights Group to the garage for an open discussion about the challenges for some of our disabled customers when travelling on London’s buses.
In support of this year’s Poppy Appeal a number of Transport for London vehicles including two Arriva London buses, have been covered in poppies.
The complete wrap of the buses transforms them from their London iconic red, to fantastic moving advertising spaces, ideal for announcing such a phenomenon to the London audience.
Arriva graduates go places. Our fast-track schemes in General and Engineering Management are available within Arriva London, our UK Bus division, UK Trains as well as in mainland Europe.
Since the introduction of the first New Routemaster buses on its route 38 in February 2012, Arriva London has been preparing for many more to appear on other routes it operates.