Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Wood Green
- To liaise with all colleagues across London, providing information and support on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Manage information and collate statistics for reporting to the Health & Safety Manager and to group level.
- Advise managers in Arriva London on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Attend all company premises to carry out safety audits and workplace inspections.
- Research current safety legislation and translate into meaningful text that can be related to our activities and distribute where required.
- Maintain the comprehensive administrative filing systems including archival and current files in accordance with our Health & Safety Strategy (both hard copies and electronic).
- Prepare monthly and yearly Health & Safety statistical reports for distribution to Directors / General Managers and Group Safety Manager.
- Coordinate, update, maintain and monitor training courses and pass information to relevant department managers for amending personnel training records.
- Other tasks as necessary to provide comprehensive Health & Safety support to the business.
- Proven relevant and current experience in Health, Safety & Environmental practices.
- Possess the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent, thus being able to demonstrate continual professional development.
- Excellent communication skills to enable the post holder to liaise effectively with internal and external colleagues.
- Organised, computer literate and proficient in MS Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Closing Date: 20th October 2017
To apply, please click here.
Published : Wed 2nd Sep. 2015 - Wed 7th Oct. 2015
Preparations are well under way at Arriva London for their display entry in this year’s 800th Lord Mayor’s Show on Saturday the 14th November.
Last Friday was Macmillan Cancer Support’s coffee morning, the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning and the annual flagship fundraiser for the charity which was celebrating its 25th birthday that day.
This year’s Open City once again provided a thoroughly enjoyable and imaginative Mystery Architour, with the Arriva London historic Heritage Fleet bus RM 2217, itself an iconic piece of design, transporting the lucky ballot winners on a trip in London from Russell Square to Stratford, taking in St. Pancras, Kings Cross and the Boundary Gardens at Arnold Circus.
The graduates were shown around the garage by operations manager Gary Smith, giving them an insight into how the garage runs, how the training is carried out, and how it fits into TfL as a whole.
Arriva London is always striving to be at the forefront of innovative ideas to make the customer experience more fulfilling.
For the past few years, Nadeem Fazal, the acting garage supervisor from Arriva London’s Clapton garage, has been collecting money for his favourite charity, the ‘Arthritis Self Help Network’, a small charity based in Ilford Essex.