Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Wood Green
- To liaise with all colleagues across London, providing information and support on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Manage information and collate statistics for reporting to the Health & Safety Manager and to group level.
- Advise managers in Arriva London on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Attend all company premises to carry out safety audits and workplace inspections.
- Research current safety legislation and translate into meaningful text that can be related to our activities and distribute where required.
- Maintain the comprehensive administrative filing systems including archival and current files in accordance with our Health & Safety Strategy (both hard copies and electronic).
- Prepare monthly and yearly Health & Safety statistical reports for distribution to Directors / General Managers and Group Safety Manager.
- Coordinate, update, maintain and monitor training courses and pass information to relevant department managers for amending personnel training records.
- Other tasks as necessary to provide comprehensive Health & Safety support to the business.
- Proven relevant and current experience in Health, Safety & Environmental practices.
- Possess the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent, thus being able to demonstrate continual professional development.
- Excellent communication skills to enable the post holder to liaise effectively with internal and external colleagues.
- Organised, computer literate and proficient in MS Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Closing Date: 20th October 2017
To apply, please click here.
Published : Wed 10th Jun. 2015 - Tue 7th Jul. 2015
At the recent Global Clean Bus summit held in London last week, it was a New Routemaster from Arriva London’s fleet that was the centre of the photo call.
We were the first to introduce Hybrid buses on our routes, the first to drive New Routemasters on route 38, and the first to have all electric buses on route 312 from Croydon to Norwood Junction.
Djelal Hassan has won the coveted award for ‘Outstanding Customer Service’ at the Bus Awards ceremony held at the Riverbank Park Plaza, London.
On Tuesday morning on Horse Guards Parade, Brogan O’Brien and Carole Wilde, engineers from Arriva London, were part of the National Women in Engineering Day celebrations setting a Guinness World Record.
Next Tuesday the 23rd of June is ‘National Women in Engineering Day 2015’.
At Arriva London, we continually talk with our drivers & often (with their agreement) record their views on video to help us better understand their working environment, and to share with the public how they deal with situations they face every day.