Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Wood Green
- To liaise with all colleagues across London, providing information and support on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Manage information and collate statistics for reporting to the Health & Safety Manager and to group level.
- Advise managers in Arriva London on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Attend all company premises to carry out safety audits and workplace inspections.
- Research current safety legislation and translate into meaningful text that can be related to our activities and distribute where required.
- Maintain the comprehensive administrative filing systems including archival and current files in accordance with our Health & Safety Strategy (both hard copies and electronic).
- Prepare monthly and yearly Health & Safety statistical reports for distribution to Directors / General Managers and Group Safety Manager.
- Coordinate, update, maintain and monitor training courses and pass information to relevant department managers for amending personnel training records.
- Other tasks as necessary to provide comprehensive Health & Safety support to the business.
- Proven relevant and current experience in Health, Safety & Environmental practices.
- Possess the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent, thus being able to demonstrate continual professional development.
- Excellent communication skills to enable the post holder to liaise effectively with internal and external colleagues.
- Organised, computer literate and proficient in MS Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Closing Date: 20th October 2017
To apply, please click here.
Published : Thu 7th May. 2015 - Thu 4th Jun. 2015
Each year, the London Bus Awards celebrate all that is good about the bus industry in London, recognising the sterling work of drivers, garage support teams and frontline TfL staff who consistently perform to high standards.
Arriva London has been gearing up for the introduction of New Routemasters (NRMs) on its route 73, running from Stoke Newington to Victoria out of its Stamford Hill garage.
Over the recent May bank holiday weekend Arriva London’s pristine looking LT327 from Brixton garage was brought into service for filming at Waterloo Southbank and in Croydon, with movie star Kevin Bacon
Arriva London and the Metropolitan Police Lambeth Safety Transport Team have joined forces in a new initiative to demonstrate to school children in the Lambeth area the safety and security benefits of CCTV systems fitted on Arriva London’s buses
Arriva London were invited to The Crescent Primary School in Selhurst, a suburb of Croydon, to show some young school children what it’s like to ride on a big red double decker bus.