Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Wood Green
- To liaise with all colleagues across London, providing information and support on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Manage information and collate statistics for reporting to the Health & Safety Manager and to group level.
- Advise managers in Arriva London on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Attend all company premises to carry out safety audits and workplace inspections.
- Research current safety legislation and translate into meaningful text that can be related to our activities and distribute where required.
- Maintain the comprehensive administrative filing systems including archival and current files in accordance with our Health & Safety Strategy (both hard copies and electronic).
- Prepare monthly and yearly Health & Safety statistical reports for distribution to Directors / General Managers and Group Safety Manager.
- Coordinate, update, maintain and monitor training courses and pass information to relevant department managers for amending personnel training records.
- Other tasks as necessary to provide comprehensive Health & Safety support to the business.
- Proven relevant and current experience in Health, Safety & Environmental practices.
- Possess the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent, thus being able to demonstrate continual professional development.
- Excellent communication skills to enable the post holder to liaise effectively with internal and external colleagues.
- Organised, computer literate and proficient in MS Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Closing Date: 20th October 2017
To apply, please click here.
Published : Thu 11th Dec. 2014 - Wed 11th Mar. 2015
The 2015 celebration of International Women’s Day has prompted Arriva London to talk to some of its female staff, and see how things have changed since their time with the company.
Transport for London (TfL) has announced that Arriva has been awarded the contract to operate route 312, which will become the first route in London to be operated entirely by electric buses.
To start the year in a positive way and finish off the celebrations for the Year of the Bus, Arriva London’s Heritage Fleet RMC 1464 ‘The Open Topper’ was invited to join the New Year’s Day celebration parade through the streets of London.
The new 2015 calendar is now available to download.
The initiative by Transport for London (TfL), Arriva London and UK bus manufacturer Optare saw two of the latest electric buses introduced to the capital’s fleet.
Here are the running schedules for the festive season.