Arriva London Bus Driver
Bus drivers are the key to our company's success. Our drivers are the life blood of Arriva London, they are the front line staff whose actions ultimately determine the quality of the service we provide. Their professional attitude along with the excellent training means they are able to consistently display the skills to keep Arriva London’s passengers moving 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are currently looking to recruit new bus drivers and provide training, also specifically existing PCV drivers, with the opportunity of average rostered earnings of £25K - £27K (Ts&Cs apply, dependent on experience). With the exception of our Dartford garage.
We are also looking for non-PCV applicants with:
- a full driving licence with the right to drive in the UK
- one year's driving experience
- no more than 6 points on your licence
- no unspent criminal convictions
You should be:
- a confident person with good customer service skills who enjoys working and dealing with people
- an excellent driver - you must drive regularly in varied environments and at different times of the day
- enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
- be prepared to work shifts
What we offer you
- Attractive pay package
- Professional training (3-8 weeks) with pay
- Free uniform
- Free travel on the TfL network for yourself and one other that lives with you
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses
- Save up to £1216.10 p.a. on household costs using the Arriva staff rewards scheme
- Career opportunities
- Membership of the Arriva Workplace Pension
Arriva London operates from 16 garages across London: Ash Grove, Barking, Brixton, Clapton, Croydon, Dartford, Edmonton, Enfield, Grays, Norwood, Palmers Green, Stamford Hill, Thornton Heath, Tottenham, Watford and Wood Green.
Please click here for full details on each garage.
Due to health & safety requirements, there is a weight limit of 20 stone.
If you have any difficulties with the online application process please contact us by clicking this link
Electronic data relating to applications for employment is stored for a maximum of 18 months. If you wish your individual data to stop being stored prior to that please write to the HR Department making that request.
Published : Fri 21st Nov. 2014 - Fri 25th Sep. 2015
This year’s Open City once again provided a thoroughly enjoyable and imaginative Mystery Architour, with the Arriva London historic Heritage Fleet bus RM 2217, itself an iconic piece of design, transporting the lucky ballot winners on a trip in London from Russell Square to Stratford, taking in St. Pancras, Kings Cross and the Boundary Gardens at Arnold Circus.
For the last seven years, for one day each year, a full bus service, route 23A, has been laid on to an abandoned village in the middle of Salisbury Plain.
Arriva London were invited to The Crescent Primary School in Selhurst, a suburb of Croydon, to show some young school children what it’s like to ride on a big red double decker bus.
Pupils of St. Joseph’s RC Infant & Nursery School, Upper Norwood, decided to contact Arriva London’s Norwood Garage to ask for a little help.
To start the year in a positive way and finish off the celebrations for the Year of the Bus, Arriva London’s Heritage Fleet RMC 1464 ‘The Open Topper’ was invited to join the New Year’s Day celebration parade through the streets of London.
Arriva’s Heritage Fleet bus assists award winning Chef Tom Kerridge to switch on Marlow’s Christmas Lights
One of the great things about this time of year for Arriva’s Heritage Fleet, is all the exciting and fun celebrations they get involved with.