Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Wood Green
- To liaise with all colleagues across London, providing information and support on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Manage information and collate statistics for reporting to the Health & Safety Manager and to group level.
- Advise managers in Arriva London on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Attend all company premises to carry out safety audits and workplace inspections.
- Research current safety legislation and translate into meaningful text that can be related to our activities and distribute where required.
- Maintain the comprehensive administrative filing systems including archival and current files in accordance with our Health & Safety Strategy (both hard copies and electronic).
- Prepare monthly and yearly Health & Safety statistical reports for distribution to Directors / General Managers and Group Safety Manager.
- Coordinate, update, maintain and monitor training courses and pass information to relevant department managers for amending personnel training records.
- Other tasks as necessary to provide comprehensive Health & Safety support to the business.
- Proven relevant and current experience in Health, Safety & Environmental practices.
- Possess the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent, thus being able to demonstrate continual professional development.
- Excellent communication skills to enable the post holder to liaise effectively with internal and external colleagues.
- Organised, computer literate and proficient in MS Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Closing Date: 20th October 2017
To apply, please click here.
Published : Fri 21st Nov. 2014 - Fri 25th Sep. 2015
This year’s Open City once again provided a thoroughly enjoyable and imaginative Mystery Architour, with the Arriva London historic Heritage Fleet bus RM 2217, itself an iconic piece of design, transporting the lucky ballot winners on a trip in London from Russell Square to Stratford, taking in St. Pancras, Kings Cross and the Boundary Gardens at Arnold Circus.
For the last seven years, for one day each year, a full bus service, route 23A, has been laid on to an abandoned village in the middle of Salisbury Plain.
Arriva London were invited to The Crescent Primary School in Selhurst, a suburb of Croydon, to show some young school children what it’s like to ride on a big red double decker bus.
Pupils of St. Joseph’s RC Infant & Nursery School, Upper Norwood, decided to contact Arriva London’s Norwood Garage to ask for a little help.
To start the year in a positive way and finish off the celebrations for the Year of the Bus, Arriva London’s Heritage Fleet RMC 1464 ‘The Open Topper’ was invited to join the New Year’s Day celebration parade through the streets of London.
Arriva’s Heritage Fleet bus assists award winning Chef Tom Kerridge to switch on Marlow’s Christmas Lights
One of the great things about this time of year for Arriva’s Heritage Fleet, is all the exciting and fun celebrations they get involved with.